Translate

Tuesday 26 July 2016

Book of Small Prophet Zephaniah Chapter 1

 

Book of Small Prophet 

Zephaniah 

Chapter 

1

 

 

1. The word of the LORD that came to Zephaniah son of Cushi son of Gedaliah son of Amariah son of Hezekiah, in the days of King Josiah son of Amon of Judah. 



(Book of Small Prophets Zephaniah Chapter 1 verse 1) 




Oh God, my Father may we all be prophets, may we all be used by You to pass on Your message of redemption Amen. May we all be a family of prophets and a channel of Your love Amen.




2. I will utterly sweep away everything from the face of the earth, says the LORD. 3. I will sweep away the birds of the air and the fish of the sea. I will make the wicked stumble. I will cut off humanity from the face of the earth, says the LORD. 4. I will stretch out my hand against Judah, and against all the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and I will cut off from this place every remnant of Baal and the name of the idolatrous priests; those who bow down on the roofs to the host of the heavens; those who bow down and swear to the LORD but also swear by Milcom; 6. those who have turned back from following the LORD, who have not sought the LORD or inquired of him.




(Book of Small Prophets Zephaniah Chapter 1 verses 2 to 6)




Oh God my Father, I understand how much You would feel like pressing the reset button of the world and start fresh again, especially when You look on the world, and focus on the hypocrisy that we are driven by. People such as myself, who proclaim to believe in You and then become stressed and anxious every time something extraordinary happens. Others who also proclaim to love and adore You and have given their life for You are abusing children, and even more, others who have given their word under oath to lead the state have also not been free from dishonesty and corruption. I also feel hurt by the situation of the world I pray oh God for mercy for we do not know what we are doing Amen. 




7. Be silent before the LORD GOD! For the day of the LORD is at hand; the LORD has prepared a sacrifice, he has consecrated his guests.




(Book of Small Prophets Zephaniah Chapter 1 verse 7)


Oh God my Father how much I pray for the day of deliverance. Today on this day, my friend who I was proud to call a friend is leaving work in order to start a new job. The only person in the world, with whom I could honestly share my faith with and grow with even on a holistic level as a person. I pray oh God Almighty that my day of deliverance is also not far away. I wish to die and be worthy of spending the rest of my life in Your presence Amen.


8. And on the day of the LORD's sacrifice, I will punish the officials and the king's sons and all who dress themselves in foreign attire. 9. On that day I will punish all who leap over the threshold, who fill their master's house with violence and fraud.




(Book of Small Prophets Zephaniah Chapter 1 verses 8 to 9)


Oh God my Father I pray for those whom You have invested with authority and power so that they will be responsible and accountable for their actions both towards You and towards the citizens whom You have placed in their care Amen.



10. On that day, says the LORD, a cry will be heard from the Fish Gate, a wail from the Second Quarter, a loud crash from the hills.



(Book of Small Prophets Zephaniah Chapter 1 verse 10)


On reflecting oh God I wonder what our last times will be like, maybe with the whistling of missiles and the cloud of radiation of death that destroys all existing life. It is terrifying even to imagine let alone to endure. Let us all remain firm in our faith in You my God and Father and we will always feel secure Amen.





11. The inhabitants of the Mortar wail, for all the traders have perished; all who weigh our silver are cut off. 12. At that time I will search Jerusalem with lamps and I will punish the people who rest complacently on their dregs, those who say in their hearts, "The LORD will not do good, nor will he do harm".



(Book of Small Prophets Zephaniah Chapter 1 verses 11 to 12)




Oh God my Father You do not like it when we rest on our own devices and not on You, for as a loving Father You wish that we trust and depend on You without experiencing shame fear or doubt. Amen.





13. Their wealth shall be plundered, and their houses laid waste. Though they build houses they shall not inhabit them; though they plant vineyards, they shall not drink wine from them.


(Book of Small Prophets Zephaniah Chapter 1 verse 13)



Oh God my Father even though we may have many, property we may not live to gain its full of potential. For our own good God may have given us that property so that after we leave this earth others may reap its full potential. Therefore let us not be tied to our possession but use them for the good of ourselves as much as for our own purposes. Amen.





14. The great day of the LORD is near; near and hastening fast; the sound of the day of the LORD is bitter the warrior cries aloud there.



(Book of Small Prophets Zephaniah Chapter 1 verse 14)




Oh God my Father Your day may be closer than we think it is, therefore as You advised us many times we are always to be ready. This means keeping a watch over ourselves in order so that we remain in Your ways oh Gid my Father. When considering our weaknesses as sinners it may also help to confess our sins weekly in order to remove the stain of sin from our being. If I could oh God I would do it every day to make sure that there is nothing that keeps me away from You Amen. 



15. That day will be a day of wrath, a day of distress and anguish, a day of ruin and devastation, a day of darkness and gloom, a day of clouds and thick darkness, 16. a day of trumpet blast and battle cry against the fortified cities and against the lofty battlements.



(Book of Small Prophets Zephaniah Chapter 1 verse 14)



Oh God my Father, indeed Your day will be one of terror and anguish, especially for those who still after being given many chances still choose to live a life that violates the rules and commandments that You left us before You reunited with Your Father. It will be a day of anguish for those whom pretend to life a good life that is better than that of others whom one had judged. Oh what a surprise when the latter are admitted in heaven and those holding a judgemental attitude will be driven to hell.


15. That day will be a day of wrath, a day of distress and anguish, a day of ruin and devastation, a day of darkness and gloom, a say of clouds and thick darkness, 16. a day of trumpet blast and battle cry against the fortified cities and against the lofty battlements.


(Book of Small Prophets Zephaniah Chapter 1 verse 15)




Oh what a day this will be my God and Father, who could stay alive in such a situation. Although in Syria, there is already devastation and great fear of loss of life and pending doom. I pray oh God my Father, that You reverse the scenario so that peace will reign. However, Your will be done and not mine Amen.




16. a day of trumpet blast and battle cry against the fortified cities and against the lofty battlements. 17. I will bring such distress upon people that they shall walk like the blind; because they have sinned against the LORD, their blood shall be poured out like dust. and their flesh like dung.




(Book of Small Prophets Zephaniah Chapter 1 verses 16 to 17)




Oh God my Father nobody can stand against You. Nobody can stand Your might and power. Sin is powerless against You, therefore I pray that we all repent. It is better for us to repent than experience the judgment of God my Father Amen.




18. Neither their silver nor their gold will be able to save them on the day of the LORD'S wrath; in the fire of his passion the whole earth shall be consumed; for a full, a terrible end he will make of all the inhabitants of the earth.



(Book of Small Prophets Zephaniah Chapter 1 verse 18)




Oh God my Father even though we have advanced in technology and science nobody can escape Your judgement and ultimately death. Nobody is able to live forever, the end will come for all, even though we do our utmost to live a healthy life, adopt a healthy diet, practice sports and relaxation techniques, this will amount to zero value, for we are not to invest in the world and the carrots that it dangles before us, as choices or options to take in order to invest in a better future. This is all an illusion in order to mask our sinful reality and alienate us from the fact that one day we are going to leave it all behind us for our successors to benefit from all our efforts, over time, struggles, stressors and hardships. What a waste my God and Father, what a sorrowful waste.


In order to raise our awareness of such a reality please click on the following link:-


The Rapture and the Bible


Oh God my Father I would like to end the first chapter of the book of Zephaniah with the following prayer:-


Oh God my Father many of us are living alienated lives that are dominated by materialism and a culture of selfishness, destruction which dictates that as in material or expired goods, marriage is not forever it becomes expired and can be disposed of. People such as elderly who can also be termed as being expired according to the values of the world can also be subject to euthanasia for they are no longer of value since they no longer can produce materially. Oh God I pray that You save us from this world of illusion and deceit Amen.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment